Can you epilate your bikini line? If so, how? And which is the best epilator for bikini area? Bikini season is right around the corner and such questions keep popping up in our mind. And along with strawberries, sunshine, and tennis, summer also brings with it the pressure to get a healthy, toned and smooth “bikini body”. By “smooth” I don’t mean baby-soft, silky and glowing Gwyneth Paltrow-skin. What I DO mean is hair-free, toned skin.
Bikini waxing is the most popular method when it comes to getting your lady parts hair-free. But it is also extremely painful, way too messy and inconvenient. But there’s an option that might help you take matters into your own hands. And that is, no claps for guessing, using an epilator for bikini area!! But from the huge number of options out there, how are you going to select the best epilator for brazilian? Here is how!
Factors To Consider When Buying An Epilator For Bikini Area
The first step to successful bikini epilation is finding the right epilator. (It’s our buns we’re talking about, right?) So, what are the factors you need to consider while choosing an epilator for bikini area? With a gazillion different brands claiming to be the “best epilator for bikini area” or “best epilator for Brazilian”, how do you choose the best bikini epilator? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Let’s start with some of the factors you need to look for when it comes to choosing the best epilator for bikini line.
- Go for a wet and dry epilator – As mentioned above, it would be advisable to use epilate in the shower to reduce the pain. But some women who have a considerably higher tolerance to pain (why don’t you go back to your own home planet, ladies?) use a dry epilator as it gives faster and more efficient results. So, it would be better to go for a wet and dry epilator.
- Adjustable speed settings is a must – You should go for an epilator with adjustable speed settings, especially if it is your first time. You can fine-tune the process with time, depending on the thickness of hair, pain tolerance and such.
- Cordless epilators are more convenient to use – A cordless epilator would be better for the bikini area as you’re better off without the cord interfering with an already risky (just a bit) process.
- Get an epilator with a smaller head – Choosing an epilator with a smaller head is advisable. This makes it easier to move around your bikini area.
These are some of the factors you need to consider while choosing an epilator for the bikini area.
Which Is The Best Epilator for Bikini Area and Brazilian?
I have used quite a few myself and honestly, it would be difficult to choose “the best epilator for bikini area or Brazilian” (why the hell is the name of the article that, then?). However, I will give you a list of my favorite ones and detailed reviews of each of these bikini epilators. Depending on your needs, pain tolerance level and budget, you can make an informed choice. So here goes!
Panasonic ES-ED90 Wet And Dry Epilator
This Panasonic epilator consists of 48 precision rotating tweezers, dual speed adjustment options, a gentle epilator head, shaver head and a bikini comb. It is a cordless, wet/dry epilator and comes with a built-in LED light. In short, all the necessary (plus a few extra) features that you want in a bikini line epilator!
Let’s get a bit technical and look at it in detail.
Features of Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet Dry Epilator –
- Gentle Epilator Head – The gentle epilator head is specially designed for use in sensitive areas such as the bikini area.
- Multiple Speed Settings – There is a dual-speed option available. As mentioned before, you can use the speed that suits you better. In the beginning, go with the slower option as it is safer. Once you get used to it, you can switch to the more efficient one.
- Wet & Dry Epilator – Since it is a wet and dry epilator, can be used in the shower, which would help with the pain a bit.
- Shaver Head – This epilator also includes a shaver head with hypo-allergenic blades and foil for safe hair removal on sensitive skin and a pop-up trimmer to capture long and stray hairs and trim, shape and maintain the bikini area. Which means, even if you have some long hair, you can trim it easily before epilation of bikini area. It uses extra-durable blades and a protective foil cover specifically designed to protect sensitive skin and prevents irritation.
- Built-In Lights – And can we please talk about the built-in lights! Now we all know it’s a bit dark down there and this light acts as a savior.
- Dual Disc Epilation Head – Also, it is a full body epilator and with the dual-disc epilation head, you can epilate your arms and legs too.
- Pedicure Attachment – Apart from this, it also comes with a pedicure buffer attachment which removes dry, rough skin from the feet. This attachment is great for smoothing the skin!
The gentle head really makes sure that the epilation pain is minimal. If you are looking for a bikini epilator that causes the least amount of pain (relatively), this is the one!
Philips Satinelle Advanced Epilator
This epilator consists of 32 tweezers, delicate area cap, facial cap, efficiency cap, shaver head, trimming comb and storage pouch. It also comes with a built-in smart light.
Features of Philips Satinelle Advanced Wet & Dry Epilator –
- Delicate Area Cap – The Philips Satinelle epilator comes with a delicate area cap that is perfect for epilating the bikini line and is specifically designed for sensitive areas and effectively removes hair from the bikini line.
- Wet And Dry Epilator – It is wet/dry and thus, can be used in the shower as well.
- Cordless Epilator – This is a cordless epilator, which is preferred when it comes to epilators for bikini area.
- Opti-Light – It features a built-in light (yay!) which is great for identifying fine hairs. Like the Panasonic one, it greatly helps with visibility when epilating your bikini line.
- Shaver Head – Also consists of a shaver, which can be used for trimming longer hair, before epilating. It can also be used to shave other parts of your body.
- Full Body Epilation Attachment – It also consists of an efficiency cap, which can be used for full body epilation.
Since it is a cordless one, make sure you charge it beforehand. The epilator comes with a good variety of handy attachments too.
Emjoi Soft Caress Epilator
This Emjoi Soft Caress epilator consists of 36 gold plated tweezers, dual speed control, massaging finger attachments and a cord. No extra goodies except for a cute pouch and a loofah.
Now, onto the features of this budget epilator.
Features of Emjoi Soft Caress Bikini Epilator –
- Hypoallergic Tweezers – It consists of 24 karat gold plated hypoallergenic tweezers which aid antimicrobial protection against damaging bacteria. Guess we could use a bit of extra safety down there.
- Massaging Finger Attachment – The head consists of massaging fingers, which help in reducing the pain. It is a useful feature when it comes to hair removal from sensitive areas, such as the bikini area.
- Loofah – You get a loofah that is really great for exfoliation before epilation.
- Dual Operation (Cordless & Corded) – It is rechargeable and can be operated both with the cord and cordless, unlike the Panasonic one.
- Dual Speed Settings – There is a dual speed option to choose from, which again, is preferred.
- Great Value For Money – Cheaper option as compared to the other bikini epilators.
This Emjoi Soft Caress epilator doesn’t have LED lights or a bikini shaver/trimmer. Which is okay for a body/facial epilator but would have been really helpful for an epilator designed for the bikini area. Another drawback is that you need to go over some parts more often when compared to the epilators in this list. All in all, it is still a suitable epilator for hair removal in the bikini area, and is a great offering at its price point.
Now that you know what are some good epilators for bikini area, let’s move on to a very important topic that is likely the main factor people look at when choosing a bikini epilator – managing epilator pain!
Pain Reduction Tips For Epilating Bikini Area
Epilator use on the bikini area can be a very painful process. Your skin down there is usually very sensitive and the coarser hair growth doesn’t make it any easier. If you are used to shaving or hair removal creams, epilating bikini line will be all the more painful the first time. And the tolerance level varies from person to person.
There are a few tricks that can definitely ease the pain a bit.
- Taking a long hot-water bath or shower prior to using an epilator on the bikini area will open up the pores, which makes the process a lot less painful.
- Pull the skin tight in order to ensure a smooth process. The epilator can otherwise grab the skin.
- Make sure the hair isn’t too long. If it is, trim it down to a 1/4th of an inch at least.
Also, there are a very few of us who prefer epilators for a full brazilian. Most women prefer getting a brazilian wax done first and use the epilators for maintenance of the brazilian. In that case, the hair growth won’t be much and hair won’t be too long anyway.
So, these were my top picks for a bikini epilator, and some tips to reduce pain while epilating your bikini area. Hope you got all the information you were looking for regarding epilators for bikini area and can finally start epilating (and also save yourself from the terrors of bikini waxing)! If you still have any doubts or queries regarding bikini epilators, do leave them in the comments below!