The Braun Silk epil 7 SkinSpa 7-929 is one of the most innovative epilators in the market. Often times epilating without exfoliating leads to ingrown hairs. The Braun Silk epil 7 SkinSpa 7-929 epilator comes with a high density exfoliating brush that is ideal for exfoliation.
Here’s what’s inside the product box –
- Silk-épil 7 SkinSpa 7-929
- Exfoliation brush head
- Protection cap
- Facial cleansing brush
- Cleaning brush
- Charging Cable
Here are the features of the Braun Silk epil 7 SkinSpa 7-929 epilator –
- Wet & Dry Operation – It is a wet and dry epilator; which means that you can use it inside the shower. However, this epilator cannot be used once it is plugged in. It operates as a cordless epilator which once charged, can be used for 40 minutes before having to be charged again. Once the red indicator light starts blinking, the device will gradually slow down unless it is recharged again.
- 40 Tweezers – The Braun Silk Epil 7 Skin Spa epilator has 40 tweezers, which means that it offers a faster speed of epilation than most epilators in the market.
- Exfoliation Brush – This epilator is really unique since it combines both epilation and exfoliation into one device. If you have read our post on how to prevent ingrown hairs, you would know how important exfoliation is in preventing ingrown hairs.
- Pivoting Head – The pivoting head provides side to side gliding motion, and thus provides an easy epilating experience.
- Smart Light – The Smart Light is a very handy tool for finding fine hairs that can then be promptly removed by the epilator.
- Two Speed Control – The Braun Silk Epil 7 Skin Spa epilator has two speed modes that offers a greater ease of use.
- Close Grip – It is designed to remove extremely small and fine hair with it’s unique close grip technology. As a result, you can remove hair as short as 0.5mm, and hence there is no waiting for hair to grow back again to epilate again.
Okay, so lets talk about the Braun Silk epil 7 SkinSpa Epilator. Everything inside the box nicely fits into the drawstring bag that is provided with the product. The box includes a charger and can be used to recharge the unit.
The face exfoliator operates on two AA batteries which are included in the box and has two speed settings – low and high. People with sensitive skin should use the device in the low speed setting. The manual instructs replacing the exfoliating brush once every 3 months.
The body exfoliator brush should be replaced once every 12 months. Also included is a small plastic bristled brush to clean exfoliator head. There aren’t any rubber grips on the body of the unit, and hence it was very difficult to use it in conjunction with an exfoliating wash. It was very difficult to keep the unit slipping out of the hand.
The epilator unit fits nicely into the hands of the user, although rubber grips on the body would have been a great benefit since the device is designed to be used in the shower. As with all Braun devices, the epilator has a very good build quality. The unit comes to full charge within an hour and can be used for about 40-50 minutes before needing to be recharged again.
The Braun Silk epil 7 SkinSpa 7-929 comes equipped with a smart light that helps a lot in identifying thin hair that won’t be visible in normal lighting. This ensures that no hair is left out when using this epilator.
Exfoliation is really necessary before epilating since it drastically reduces the formation of ingrown hairs and red bumps. After epilating, use an anti-microbial soap to avoid any infections. With its handy exfoliating brush, the Braun Silk epil 7 SkinSpa 7-929 is one of the best and most feature-rich epilators available in the market.
The Braun Silk epil 7 SkinSpa 7-929 is a feature rich epilator that combines exfoliation and epilation in one device. At this price point, it would be difficult to beat this product and is hence, highly recommended.